Mon, Jan 30 - Pasta Redeux

Tonight, pasta again. Last night, I thawed the last of a batch of Tomato/Basil/Cream sauce, and I figured I should eat it up before I leave town. Tonight, I have a spicy Italian sausage with the pasta and sauce (I had a spicy chicken Italian sausage last light, when I discovered New Seasons was out of the tasty pork version). No letdowns tonight. New Seasons has them in stock (although the gentleman behind the meat counter nearly gives me a chicken one by mistake. I correct him, and get the pork I want).

So here is how the dish comes together...
  • Water on to boil in a big stock pot (I really hate crowding pasta. I'd rather wait a few minutes for excess water to boil than have my pasta clump together because I am impatient). A decent quantity of salt to expedite boiling, but also to help flavor the pasta.
  • Sauce in a smaller pot to warm over low heat.
  • One Italian sausage in a small omelet pan.
  • When the sausage is done, cut it into slices, and put into the sauce to keep warm and moist. Also pour any excess oil from the sausage into the sauce for extra flavor.
  • Boil the past until done.
  • Strain pasta, put on a plate, pour sauce (including sausage) onto pasta, grate a bit of parm on top.

I eat while watching the Texas Tech/Kansas game. Ouch!

Oh, and for dessert, a mini Scharffen Berger Nibby Bar (you know, the one that has crushed cocoa beans?). Awesome.

Alma and turkey and giblets (a new flavor for her). She seemed to like it pretty well. This was a test, as I can buy a 12 can box (containing beef, chicken, and turkey) for cheaper than 12 individual cans. She like beef, she likes chicken, and now I know she likes turkey too.

posted by Hungry T @ 7:28 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

Name:Hungry T
Location:Portland, Oregon, United States

Powered by Blogger