Not Catching Up - Just Highlights

Allright... I'm way behind...

Saturday, March 11-

Went to my friend NT's place. He's an old friend I haven't seen in quite a while. We agreed to meet, eat, and drink some French wine. He makes a fantastic salad of chicory greens, eggs, and bacon with a dressing of warm bacon fat and tarragon mustard. Mmmm. Then, he made fresh yam fries, cut and fried right in front of me, with some truffle salt. Mmmm. Then, cornmeal breaded mahi mahi with a side of sauteed broccoli stalk and red pepper. Oh, and the heads of the broccoli on the side. To drink, a 2004 Rully from Folie and a 2002 Mercury (something from Kermit Lynch), can't recall the producer.

Monday, March 13-

Meet with Scoop and Cheesy T at Huber's. None of us had been, despite the fact that it is truly a Portland institution. Word is they are known for two things, turkey and Spanish coffee. I get a pasta salad with turkey (I make the mistake of ordering chicken, which they DON'T EVEN SERVE! That's dedication to turkey). I get a Moscow mule. Scoop gets an Italian coffee after the meal, which was quite tasty.

Wednesday, March 15-

Some new friends and I head to Apizza Scholls. C, F, R, K, and I make 5, the death number for getting a table at a busy restaurant. We wait nearly 45 min for a table (but have drinks while we are waiting). When we are finally seated, we order 2 large Caesar salads, a large salami plate, one Apizza Amore and one Sausage pizza. Fantastic, as always. F, who is Italian, says it is the best pizza he has tasted outside of Italy. I get Caldera Pale Ale to drink, and it comes IN A CAN! Outrageous, but good...

No toast today, CC, but thanks for getting me back on track...

posted by Hungry T @ 8:36 AM

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger cc said...

Happy to oblige! Interesting to hear Apizza meets the Italian's standards...

 

Post a Comment

» Home

Name:Hungry T
Location:Portland, Oregon, United States

Powered by Blogger