Sun, Feb 26

I have a good friend who is thinking of discontinuing his/her blog. This due to lack of time to post. Man, I wish I had a life so that I had that same problem... I'm beginning this post while eating dinner... Lame.

AM-Tea (Stash organic black/green earl grey)

Mid-morning - Went to breakfast with the gardener and the barrister. I hadn't seen them since returning home from France. They were amazed that I hadn't yet been to Gravy, so we agree to meet at 8:30 (since I am meeting CC at 10 to go to Uwajimaya). I am a few minutes late. From what I am told, there is ALWAYS a wait (hint hint, not if you get there before 8:30). Barrister's got coffee, gardener's got a smoothie, I order green tea. It takes me a minute to examine the entire menu, but I finally settle on biscuits and sausage gravy (2 biscuits, actually). They should be good, right? The restaurant's called Gravy after all. I also order an egg on the side. Gardener gets the same thing, except veggie gravy (why anyone would skip the pork is beyond me), and the barrister gets french toast. I have to add a little salt to the gravy, which is fine, since I like a lot of salt. I try the veggie gravy and the french toast too. All are good. Another hint, don't order 2 biscuits. Way too much food.

Dinner - I pass on paella (I'm not big on seafood) at a friend's place, and instead, head to the store for a few ingredients for a dish I meant to make last week. This is super simple, fast, and tasty... Meyer lemon pepper chicken orzo with garlic and herbs. Start the orzo, heat a pan for the chicken with a little olive oil. Trim fat from chicken and put into pan. Pour freshly squeezed meyer lemon juice over the bird and give a liberal grind of pepper and pinch of salt. Flip in pan and repeat. As chicken and orzo cook, chop the garlic and herbs (tonight, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, mint, oregano). When chicken is done, chop it up. Drain orzo. Stir all together. Grate some parm on top and another splash of meyer lemon juice, stir again. Salt and pepper to taste.

posted by Hungry T @ 6:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

Name:Hungry T
Location:Portland, Oregon, United States

Powered by Blogger