Thurs, March 2

AM-Tea

Lunch-Roast beef Sandwich with chips

PM-Dinner with G at Nostrana. There is a bit of a wait. I had called for reservations, but they don't take 'em. We are faced with a 45 min wait, so we put our name in and take a walk in SE Portland. It's cool, but comfortable. When we get back, our table is ready. We start with soups. I have duck with barley. Her soup is escaping me right now. I have a greyhound, G has water. We both want the Gnocchi with Rabbit. She orders first, so I get flank steak over arugula, rare. The soups are both outstanding. The main courses leave a bit to be desired. You know the feeling? When it tastes good, but you could probably pull off the same thing better at home? We are both full, and decide not to get dessert. Nostrana, from what I hear, has exceptional pizzas. Maybe next time I'll try one.

The photo is of their legendary wood fired oven. As you walk in, lots of wood piled up. Nice.

posted by Hungry T @ 11:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

Name:Hungry T
Location:Portland, Oregon, United States

Powered by Blogger